Banana 9.0.4 - 190404
Released on 4th of April 2019
This release delivers several useful new features, improvements as well as fixing a number of problems, that were detected in the previous version.
All users are advised to upgrade to this version.
Banana Accounting 9.0.4 is no longer compatible with Windows 7.
The last version compatible with Windows 7 is 9.0.3
- The license-free version is now called FreeVersion (instead of Starter Edition).
The Cash Book and the Time Sheet are now completely free of charge.
- The New File dialogue has been redesigned and improved.
- A button has been added in the help menu that will lead you straight to the relevant help page of the table you are using.
- The readability of the texts has been improved via dark coloured backgrounds .
- The row height in the tables is calculated correctly and remains stable for the the whole length the software is being used.
- The text in the column headings is adjusted relative to the settings of the zoom function.
- The list of recent files is updated correctly.
- Negative numbers are not displayed in red if "Show negative numbers in red" is disabled.
- If a column is moved to the end of the list via the Columns setup ... dialogue, the software does not lock.
- When a default language is selected in the Program options ... command, languages are now adjusted correctly in the dialogues.
- The size of the dialogues on high resolution Windows systems screens, has been corrected.
- The license-free version is now called FreeVersion (instead of Starter Edition).
- You can now also select to carry forward balances in Segments in the Create new year ... command. .
- Items table
- When an item is added to the Items table, the line will be automatically completed.
- The Quantity column is updated correctly.
- The items in the Items table are carried forward when creating a new year.
- The parameters for groups of the Chart of Accounts is saved correctly for the Income/Expense accounting in the Enhanced Balance sheet.
- Formulas containing the '-' sign in the amount columns are calculated correctly.
- In multi-currency accounting, the F6 function on the description field no longer overwrites the amount of the current row if an amount has already been entered in the current row.
- The description of the categories is now correct for recurring entries.
- The rename function works correctly on cost centres even when the "Use separator '-' " option is enabled.
- The rename function for the currency symbol also updates the budget table entries.
- Entries of the transactions table are no longer sorted when creating a PDF file, if the corresponding option is not activated.
- When adding the budget table, budget entries for the cost centres are correctly generated.
- When you change the amounts in the budget table, "Budget difference" amount is updated immediately.
- #Checkbalance now also checks the sign of the amount.
- Graphics Section:
- The graphics section has been moved to after the info section.
- Name of months are now translated.
- Charts are scaled correctly when the main window is rescaled.
- Colours of the graphs have been adapted for dark screens.
- Importing/Exporting data:
- When transactions are imported from a 'Depreciable assets register', it is now possible to regroup by account.
- You can import multiple transaction files simultaneously.
- It is now possible to import compressed zip as well as tgz files into the accounting.
- When compressed zip or tgz files are imported, all files contained in the archive that are recognized as account statements or transaction lists are imported.
- Import of csv files containing both the ',' (comma) and ';' (semicolon), has been fixed.
- Html, Excel or CSV export of the Expiry table works correctly and does no longer result in an empty table.
- The Export rows ... command adds the table title to the name of the exported file.
- Reminders can now be printed for Income & Expense accounting.
- Invoices that are printed over multiple pages, display the page header correctly.
- Correct due date on paid invoices.
- Closing text is added for invoices, reminders and extracts.
- Improved auto-completion when recording an invoice.
- Printing of a large number of invoices has been speeded up.
- 'total_vat_rate_zero' element in the json of the invoices has been added, which contains the totals of the VAT codes with a VAT percentage of 0%.
- Amortization table:
- Smartfill improved.
- "End date" and "Market Value" added.
- Error reported if there are two identical item codes.
- When entering a new code it automatically updates the sum code.
- Importing into accounting allows for grouping by account.
- New "Create new year" command added.
- New "Check-In Check-Out" command added, to facilitate entering start and end times.
- If there are multiple lines on the same day, only one line will now be coloured.
- Address Book:
- Command to reorganize contacts added.
- When Google contacts tare updated, the original sequence of emails and phone numbers is maintained and the primary attribute for emails is added.
- Scripts (new function for developers):
- BananaApps inserted in the Documents table are now visible in the Apps menu.
- 'Manage Apps" dialogue has been improved.
- When modifying the settings of a script, undoing of changes is now possible.
- A new Settings dialogue makes it easier to change BananaApps settings.
- New methods added:
- JsDocContBaseObject::accountIsCustomer() e JsDocContBaseObject::accountIsSupplier().
- Banana.document.attachment for attaching a file to a document.
In print preview, a corresponding symbol will appear to indicate the presence of attachments, while in the pdf printing the attachment will be inserted in the pdf file.
- Banana.Xml to create and read Xml files.
- Banana.Report.preview (title, reports, stylesheets) to print two or more documents simultaneously. In print preview the documents will appear as one single document.
- Banana.UI.openPropertyEditor facilitates the creation of dialogues for changing BananaApps settings.
- LocalFile::write uses the list of secure extensions from the program options.
- You can now use images in the SVG format .
- The Banana.document.currentBalance method will return the correct balance for the selections of several groups where the first group is absent from the accounts table (ex.: selection Gr=40|41|42 executed in an accounting where the group 40 does not exist).
- Documentation updated and completed.
- Texts are displayed correctly and no longer in bold.
- Copy (cmd+c)and Paste (cmd+v) commands now work properly and are always available.
- The software is now compatible in dark mode.
- Installation via Snap
- Several minor changes and other corrections.
- Based on Qt 5.12.2
Banana 9.0.3 - 180327
Released on 27th of March 2018
Banana Accounting 9.0.3 is the last version supporting Windows 7.
- The Budget function is available in the cash register, free of charge, with the Benefit license (up to 1'000 lines of registration).
- Time sheet apps.
- Monthly reports with printout of notes and other improvements.
- Possibility to show the full day in File properties (for calculation of holidays).
- Minor improvements in the Amortisation apps.
- An error of displaying in the listing of "Recent Files "has been corrected.
- Words are split into several lines in the column header if the column width is not sufficient to display the description fully.
- The description of the accounts (and categories) is now displayed In the stored lines.
- Printing of the Logo has also been carried out in the PDF Dossier function and Enhanced Budget functions.
- The use of bTTF fonts has been disabled by default in Chinese language systems.
- Use of Qt libraries version 5.9.4 (Linux Qt 5.9.3).
- Unlocking password protected recordings now works correctly.
- The formatting of the cover in the enhanced budget has been corrected.
- In the PDF file, the last account card displayed no longer appears twice in the account cards.
- The calculation of the +/- Budget percentages of the groups has been corrected In the enhanced balance sheet.
- The function updates initial balances correctly, reports the amount, even when the same character is used as the separator for the thousands and decimals.
- When inserting a cost centre into a multi-currency accounting file, error message 'CC not in registration currency' no longer appears incorrectly.
- In Windows, when a file is opened by double click when the window is minimised, it is now restored and brought to the foreground.
- An error has been corrected in the scripts, where sometimes the position of the last error to occur was displayed incorrectly.
- The currency for detailed records n the multi-currency accounting , is now correctly set.
- Importation of ISO 20022 camt.054 files for specified banks has been corrected.
- Importations from files of depreciable assets type by account and counterpart has been corrected.
- Impossibility to print with certain printers under Windows, has been fixed.
- The error in which the first key pressed was lost in the Chinese language has been fixed.
- Several other minor changes and improvements.
Banana 9.0.2 - 180118
Released on 18th of January 2018
- Updated the search and replace dialogue
- Time sheet application has been improved.
- Account card of Income and Expense accounting with counter-account.
- New Benefit license mode.
- Improved the dialogue "New File".
- Invoice added field "Begin information".
- Address new command Downloads Google contacts and replace existing.
- Improved graphs presentation.
- Templates for new files are downloaded faster.
- Banana Apps are updated at startup.
- Bug fixing, now following functions work as expected:
- Auto-complete with the option "include previous year".
- Printing enhanced balance sheet, using subdivision by segment.
- Accounting report, period date in the headers.
- Open invoices by customer with account number same as group.
- Window -> New Window.
- Several other changes and minor improvements.
Banana 9.0.1 - 171219
Released on 19th of December 2017
- First release