For the indicated account the final balance from the previous year does not correspond to the opening balance of the current year.
Usually the amounts of the "Opening" and "Previous" columns in the current year accounts table must match the previous year-end balances (the previous year file name is shown in the File and Accounting properties - File menu).
The difference can have several causes:
- After creating the new year you made changes to the previous year's file.
- The opening amounts of the current year have been changed manually.
- In the Exchange rates table, the opening exchange rates are not the same used as closing exchange rates for the previous year.
The opening balance in basic currency (calculated from the opening exchange rates) does not match the previous year's balance.
- Update the opening balance with the Update opening balances... command from the Account2 menu.
- There are cases where the difference is meant to be; in this case you can ignore the error message.