In the Accounts table, in addition to the various accounts already present, it is necessary to define some specific accounts to keep track of securities.
Securities accounts (Assets)
- You need at least one asset account where to register the purchase and sell of the securities.
- If you have different securities types, like share, bonds, etc, we advise you to create a specific account for each type.
- If you are using a multi-currency account you need at least an account for each currency.
- If you manage also bonds it is useful to have a credit account to hold the Withholding tax.
Income & Expense accounts
- Loss on sales
- Profit on sales.
- Bank charges.
- Loss on price adjustements.
- Profit on price adjustements
- Currency exchange.