When the user opens a password-protected file, a dialog box appears to enter the password.
- The file password is set in File> File and accounting properties > Password tab.
- This dialog also appears with the first execution of some commands, which require access to a password-protected file, such as the previous year's accounting.
When the previous year is password-protected, and you want to execute the Enhanced Balance Sheet with groups command , or resume transactions from the previous year, the programme will ask you to enter the password for the previous year.
To avoid being repeatedly asked to enter the password, one of the following steps must be taken:
- Enter the same password also in the new year
- Save the file after entering the password for the previous year (the password will remain stored)
If, however, you move the new year or the previous year to a new folder, you will have to re-enter the password (this is the case if you open documents from shared folders that may have different paths from computer to computer). If the file refers to several years, e.g. 2022, 2021, 2020, ... it will be necessary to open each file (thus 2022, 2021, 2020, ...) and re-enter the password for the previous year (2021, 2020, ...) in each year, then save each file.
- Delete the previous year file link in File and accounting properties > Options > File from previous year (this solution is only recommended if the previous year link is no longer required)