VAT rates for the effective method
From 2024 the new VAT rates will come into force as indicated in the following table:
|Until December 31, 2023||New rates from January 1, 2024|
|Normal rate:||7,7 %||8,1 %|
|Reduced rate:||2,5 %||2,6 %|
|Special rate for accommodation:||3,7 %||3,8 %|
Further details are available on the website of the Federal Tax Administration page.
- In the case of services in return which must be declared before 1 July 2023, but which relate to supplies for 2024, these must be declared at the old tax rate and can be adjusted in the statement for the 3rd quarter 2023 or the 2nd half 2023.
- The services in return declared after 1 July 2023, which concern services relating to 2024, can be declared with the new VAT form 2024, using the new VAT rates.
New VAT Codes 2024
At the end of 2023 and for 2024 the different rates should be used in parallel.
- The VAT Codes table already contains the VAT codes with the relative rates for both 2023 and 2024
- In order to update the VAT code table, the simplest way is to import the VAT codes into your accounting.
Flat rate method
The new VAT rates for the flat tax rate method are the following:
|Flat tax rates
until December 31, 2023
|Flat tax rates
from January 1, 2024
|0,1 %||0,1 %|
|0,6 %||0,6 %|
|1,2 %||1,3 %|
|2,0 %||2,1 %|
|2,8 %||3,0 %|
|3,5 %||3,7 %|
|4,3 %||4,5 %|
|5,1 %||5,3 %|
|5,9 %||6,2 %|
|6,5 %||6,8 %|
The list of VAT codes is already provided with the relative codes for the final rates:
- F1 and F2 codes must be set up for services invoiced with 2024 rates
- F3 and F4 codes must be set up for services up to 31.12.2023.
These codes have not set the rate in the table. There are two ways of calculating: