This dialogue is identical for both customers and suppliers functions.
The following explains the functions related to customers, but they also apply to suppliers.
As long as you have not indicated the customer or supplier group, the customer menu choices are disabled.
Group or account
Select the generic group or account that contains the Customers or Suppliers list. The group or the account needs to be already present in the Accounts table. See Setting up the Customers' register and Setting up the Suppliers' register.
Due date invoices (in days)
The program uses the following order of priority to calculate the invoice deadline:
- The due date if you entered it into the transaction row.
If there is more than one date for the same invoice number, the most recent one.
- If the number of days is indicated in the PaymentTermInDays column of the Accounts' table, the date of the transaction increased by the number of days.
- The date of the transaction is increased by the days indicated in the settings dialogue.
Include transactions from previous (..) years (in years)
- If 0, the program will not display invoices from the previous year, but only the opening balances of the customer account.
- If 1, the program will also include the invoices of the previous year in the customer card.
- If 2 or more, the program will also include invoices from the years before in the customer card.
Link to the invoice document
You can insert a link to an invoice file (pdf, doc or other). When the link is being opened, the program substitutes the value <DocInvoice> with the invoice number present in the row.
The link can contain:
- The XML name <DocInvoice> or the name of another column contained between <>.
If you use the "<DocInvoice>.pdf" command and you are on the row with invoice number 100, the program tries to open the "100.pdf" file. You can also precede the filename with the name of a directory.
You can use any file name extension. This extension must, however, be included in the list of file extensions considered safe (Tools- Program options-Advanced).
- It is also possibile to indicate a path preceding the field name that contains the name of the document that has to be opened.
With the link "c:\temp\<DocInvoice>.pdf" and the invoice number 100, the program proceeds to open the file c:\temp\100.pdf.
The name of the directory is relative to the directory where the file is located.
Opening an invoice document
- Place yourself in the Invoice column of the transaction row related to the invoice you want to open
- Use the right mouse button to open the context menu
- Choose the command Open invoice link.