This command allows the user to change the account or category number (accounts or categories table) and the VAT code (VAT Codes table), without having to enter the necessary modifications in the transactions.
In order to rename, you need to:
- position yourself with the mouse on the cell that has to be changed (account/category number, VAT code);
- click on the Rename command from the Data menu;
- enter the new name in the appearing window.
Then, the software operates as follows (for example if you rename an account):
- verifies that there is no other account or group with the same number; if there is it the software will alert and ask if you want to proceed anyway. Please note that it is not possible to have to identical account numbers in the accounting plan;
- verifies where the account to be renamed has been used and makes sure that the rows are not protected or blocked; if they are it will alert that the rename operation cannot be carried forward;
- substitues the account number wherever it has been used, in the tables and in the File properties, with the new account number.
The software does not recalculate any total, simply renames the account number.